Valuing Business Waste Grants
Supporting South Australian businesses to identify better ways to manage waste and transition to a circular economy
How much money is available?
Up to $15,000 per applicant
Who can apply?
Businesses, not-for-profit organisations, tertiary education centres, and government organisations.
What will we fund out of this?
Projects delivered by a suitably qualified, independent service provider to assist with the transition to a circular economy. Projects should focus on identifying ways to recover materials for beneficial or higher value reuse and increase the amount of waste diverted from landfill, prioritising waste avoidance, reduction, reuse, and recycling. Eligible projects include:
- waste and recycling assessments, and materials efficiency assessments
- waste and recycling contract reviews, taking into account the results of a waste assessment
- feasibility studies that analyse a specific solid waste reduction opportunity, and consider the associated investment costs, operational costs, estimated waste and financial savings, other benefits to the site or business, and availability of relevant technologies
- investigation and business case development relating to practical implementation of circular economy principles such as product redesign, service reconfiguration, product stewardship and remanufacture of used product
- strategic waste management planning and development
What WON’T we fund?
- in-kind costs, wages and salaries incurred by the applicant
- waste audits of pre-schools, primary and secondary schools
- activities that offer no greater benefit other than meeting regulatory compliance
Contact Program Manager
- Program Manager: Ms Aubrey Thomas
- Phone: 0423 782 647